Oceanography Engineer (M/F)
NOVELTIS is an innovative company on a human scale operating in the fields of Environment, Sustainable Development and Space. Rich in cutting-edge solutions, NOVELTIS responds to the societal challenges of the future.
NOVELTIS’s work is based on the latest technological advances in multi-source data processing, modelling, computing and the development of innovative products.
NOVELTIS has made the choice of expertise by cultivating certain specialties for many years. Its positioning in the fields of space, artificial intelligence, environmental services and e-platforms is unique and allows its engineers to express all their talents.
Anxious to maintain and develop its know-how, NOVELTIS allows all its employees to evolve and guarantees the development of skills.
Based on its success, NOVELTIS is looking for an Oceanography Engineer (M/F).
- You will be in charge of developing and setting up efficient forecast chains for fine-scale meteorology and renewable energies (solar, wind…), based on new Artificial Intelligence technologies (Deep learning, Data mining, Machine Learning…).
- You will carry out work in ocean modelling: general circulation (tidal in particular), wave propagation, data assimilation.
- You will participate in the success of NOVELTIS through the development of new spatial data processing chains (altimetry, oceanography…) and the design and development of innovative operational products.
You will participate in project management.
- You will support the preparation of NOVELTIS’ future projects by contributing to the drafting of responses to calls for tenders.
- With an engineering and/or doctoral background, you have a taste for innovation, new technologies and the field of oceanography.
You have a strong background in physical oceanography.
You have skills or initial experience in oceanic, hydrological and/or sediment modeling. Skills in sediment dynamics or bio-geochemistry will be considered a plus.
You master the handling of altimetric and oceanographic spatial data.
- You have computer skills: Python, Matlab, C/C++, R…
Curious, involved and rigorous by nature, you particularly like teamwork.
- Good oral and written French practice.
Publication date: 18/11/2019
Job: Full-time, permanent contract
- Location: Labège (31)