Atmospheric Engineer (M/F)
NOVELTIS is an innovative SME on a human scale, working on high value-added projects in the fields of Space, Environment and Sustainable Development. We work with European and International Space Agencies and the European Commission to design and prepare the space missions of tomorrow.
We also implement innovative and operational solutions to meet various environmental and societal needs. Our activities are focused on Innovation for the Protection of Life.
NOVELTIS’ work is based on the latest technological advances in multi-source data processing, modelling, computing and development of innovative products. We value the career path of each of our employees as well as their desire to evolve and undertake in a context of innovation and excellence in France and abroad.
As part of the development of its activities, NOVELTIS is looking for an Engineer (M/F) with an interest in Measurement Physics.
- Carry out innovative engineering and R&D projects, particularly on behalf of space agencies (e.g. CNES, EUMETSAT, ESA, etc.) and industrial players;
- Participate in the definition of new instruments and new space missions: design and specification of data processing chains, algorithmic developments, performance evaluation using system simulators (instrument, on-board and ground processing), scientific studies in the field of measurement physics and atmospheric sounding;
- Participate in calibration/validation campaigns to support the space agencies’ flight acceptance teams;
- Participate in the drafting of responses to calls for tenders.
- With an engineering background (BAC+5) and/or Doctorate, you have a taste for data processing and teamwork.
Skills in Signal Processing.
Knowledge of Measurement Physics and Spectroscopy.
- Computer skills: Python, Fortran, C/C++.
Mastery of oral and written French.
Knowledge of the themes of atmospheric sounding and microwaves.
Knowledge of radiative transfer patterns.
Publication date: 21/11/2019
Job: Full-time, permanent contract
- Location: Labège (31)